Steel Weight Proof Load Testing
Hydro-Wates® provides crane, hoist, and beam proof load testing services using steel test weights in applications where low headroom, restricted access or limited test area prevent the use of water test weights. In many cases they can be more economical than using water test weights, particularly for smaller machines. Steel test weights for proof load testing are well suited for testing the following lifting appliances:
- Low headroom cranes
- Small overhead hoists running on I-beams trollies
- Small jib cranes
- Cranes located in confined spaces
- Building elevators
- Construction elevators
Hydro-Wates® maintains an extensive inventory of steel test weights, with carrier baskets and lift stands. Our individual steel test weights range in size from 25 lbs up to 2,500 lbs, with the larger weights configured to enable stacking on lift stands.
All of our weight carrying stands and baskets have been designed and engineered by professional engineers, and are provided with extensive certification packages. All weight carrying appliances have been proof load tested to a minimum of 200% of working load limit (WLL). Each individual test weight can be provided with a scale weight certificate traceable to ASME and NIST standards.
The advantages of steel test weights include:
- Low working height, to enable use in limited headroom applications
- Proof load tested carrier baskets and lift stands to ensure operator safety
- Compact and capable of being moved into tight spaces, using rollers, if necessary
- Can be lifted using shackles and other standard rigging hardware
- Stackable in capacities up to 10 tons
- Smaller test weights (50 lb) can be hand carried by technicians into restricted areas
Our steel test weights are suitable for use in many industries, including: oil & gas, maritime, power generation, construction, and military. We can also design, engineer and fabricate custom lift frames to suit your very specific project application.
To learn more or inquire about steel test weight equipment and on-site services, please contact a member of Hydro-Wates® customer service team by phone or email today!
Let us help you
Have a Question?
Address8100 Lockheed Ave
Houston, Texas 77061