Bridge Proof Load Testing Services
Bridge load testing using water bags provides safe, effective results for all types of bridges. Hydro-Wates® bridge proof load testing services use water bags to provide accurate, cost-effective proof-load test results, ensuring that the bridge can structurally withstand the expected vehicular or equipment loads. Using Hydro-Wates® water bags and certified load-testing equipment, our skilled experts can develop a custom load test for your bridge, complete with custom equipment configurations, to ensure that the test results are accurate and meet the test objectives.
We offer onsite bridge load testing for:
- Vehicle bridges to determine accurate load ratings to evaluate the effectiveness of road repairs and strengthening, determine overload and permit loads.
- Railroad bridges to ensure that the bridges can accommodate expected loads and stress levels. Due to the increasing weights of locomotives and rolling stock, accurate stress and load testing for railroad bridges is critical.
- Lift bridges to test load balancing, shear strains on drive shafts, cable strength and stress levels
Load testing is performed during and after construction, after repairs or upgrades to the bridge and as part of periodic inspections of the bridge to ensure structural integrity.
Hydro-Wates® offers proof load testing services to companies across the U.S. and the world. We also offer our proof load testing equipment for rental or sale for conducting your own load tests, whether you are in need of water bags, load cells, pad eye testers, or steel weights.
With water bags, the bridge test load can be slowly applied, allowing our experts to identify any structural issues that require correction before the full test load is reached. In addition, the water bags can be positioned in tight spaces, allowing for load tests for the full structure.
We can provide certification that your proof-load test results meet the established standards specified by the DOT, ANSI, OSHA, ASME, and required industry standards.
Hydro-Wates® offers full turnkey load testing services, including:
- Onsite rig-up and filling of water bags
- Supervision of field work by qualified experts.
- Fluid pumping using high capacity gasoline, diesel, air or electrically powered pumps
Whether your bridge is located in the U.S. or worldwide, we’ve got the equipment and expertise to get the job done right the first time for your bridge load testing